The Pros & Cons of Selling on Craigslist
- No listing/selling fees
- Buyers see exactly what they're buying, all sales are final.
- Cash, no setting up of a PayPal account, eBay account nor waiting to transfer funds.
- No packaging or shipping required.
- Cash sales create opportunities for counterfeiters to exploit the sellers on Craigslist.
- Meeting unknown people at your home or place of business could leave you in compromising situation.
- If you meet the potential buyer in a public place you have to load the wheels into your car or truck and schedule a time for the potential buyer to look at the wheels.
- Craigslist harbors tire kickers, flakes, lowballers & unscrupulous people.
- Craigslisters want the absolute rock bottom price- you're going to be giving up the premium you'd see by listing on eBay or a Car Forum.
- Limited exposure to just the city you've listed your wheels for sale in.
- Before you meet anyone: talk with the person on the phone, Facebook their email address or name, Google their name & if you have any doubts just tell the interested party that you're only available later in the month to show the wheels and you'll give them a call when you're able to show them.
- Only meet people during the day time & have another person with you.
- Check for counterfeit bills by holding each bill up to a light. A counterfeit pen can easily be duped by spraying hair spray over a piece of paper.
Read about the Pros & Cons of Selling on Car Forums